Musicians, Bands, Music Producers, Managers, Promoters & More
Backstage Auctions, Inc. is an independent auction company, which is 100% dedicated to offering exclusive and authentic music memorabilia by directly representing industry professionals such as musicians, bands, producers, managers, promoters and any one with a rich history in the industry.
Regardless if you're currently on tour, in the studio or just kicking back, we will work with you and or representatives to successfully showcase and professionally auction your personal inventory. Let us help you clean out those storage warehouses, basements or even the garage. And lets do it together with a auction that is truly the ultimate encore!
Whether you have a warehouse full of guitars, boxes of hand written lyrics, contracts, photos, album artwork, recordings, record awards, stage props, cool tour apparel or even a vintage vinyl collection, no item or collection is too big or too small. There is always someone out there that collects even the most obscure items.
Each auction is not created equally. We believe in starting with a blank canvas for each client, capturing his or her "personality" for the basis of the auction. The result is a fully customized auction event which showcases our client's career and accomplishments.
Backstage Auctions has hosted events for some of rock's most legendary professionals and have had the honor of representing:
- Al Jourgensen - Artist (Ministry)
- Alex Skolnick - Artist (Testament)
- Bobby Rondinelli - Artist (Blue Oyster Cult, Rainbow, Quiet Riot, Black Sabbath)
- Charlie Benante - Artist (Anthrax)
- Dave Mustaine - Artist (Megadeth)
- David Ellefson - Artist (Megadeth)
- David Silveria - Artist (Korn)
- Derek Holt - Artist (Climax Blues Band)
- Frank Bello - Artist (Anthrax)
- Gary Holt - Artist (Exodus, Slayer)
- Graham Bonnet - Artist (Rainbow, The Michael Schenker Group, Alcatrazz)
- Howard Kaylan - Artist (The Turtles, Frank Zappa, Alice Cooper, Flo & Eddie)
- John 5 - Artist (Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson)
- John Tempesta - Artist (The Cult, White Zombie, Testament, Exodus)
- Kip Winger - Artist (Winger, Solo Artist)
- Lita Ford - Artist (The Runaways, Lita Ford)
- Matt McDonough - Artist (Mudvanye)
- Michael Shrieve - Artist (Santana)
- Mike Portnoy - Artist (Dream Theater, The Winery Dogs)
- Page Hamilton - Artist (Helmet)
- Paul Bostaph - Artist (Slayer)
- Rex Brown - Artist (Pantera)
- Robert Garven - Artist (Cirith Ungol)
- Ross Valory - Artist (Journey)
- Rudy Sarzo - Artist (Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, Dio and Blue Oyster Cult)
- Scott Ian - Artist (Anthrax)
- Scott Rockenfield - Artist (Queensrÿche)
- Sean Yseult - Artist (White Zombie, The Cramps, Star & Dagger)
- Stephen Pearcy - Artist (Ratt)
- Ted Nugent - Artist (Ted Nugent, Damn Yankees)
- Eddie Kramer - Producer (Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, KISS)
- Tom Werman - Producer (Motley Crue, Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent, Poison)
- Herbie Herbert - Manager/Producer (Journey, Santana, Mr. Big, Europe, Roxette)
- Walter O'Brien - Manager (Pantera, White Zombie)
- Alan Coffman - Manager (Motley Crue)
- David Spero - Manager / Producer (Joe Walsh, Dickey Betts, Michael Stanley Band, Cat Stevens)
- Steve Parish - Manager (Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia)
- Bill Thompson - Manager (Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship)
- Bill Aucoin - Manager (KISS)
- Sean Delaney - Manager (KISS)
- Linda West - Assistant (Aucoin Management)
- Mark Sandoval - Manager (various rock artists)
- Tom "Smitty" Smith - Record Label
- Gayle Miller - Record Label
- Amy Josefek - Record Label
- Larry Heller - Industry (Music Research)
- Chip Rock - Rock Photographer
- Philip Kamin - Rock Photographer
- Billy Tompkins - Rock Photographer
- Lydia Criss -Author, Former wife of Peter Criss (KISS)
- Arlene Osweichik - Production Artist (Bill Graham)
- Steven Rosen - Rock Journalist
- KISS Road Crew - Original 1970s Members
In brief we offer...
- We personally assess the estimated value and catalog your inventory regardless of the size. We will even work with you in identifying the not so obvious items!
- We assist, coordinate or arrange for your collection to be professional packed and shipped
- We conduct extensive market research to determine estimated auction values.
- We customize our advertising and PR to reach your target fan base in order to maximize exposure.
- We photograph and prepare each item for the online auction.
- We are the only interface with the customers and handle all pre and post auction activities with our buyers.
- We offer detailed auction reports and most importantly a quick turnaround of your auction proceeds.
- We offer very attractive flat commission rates with no hidden fees, additional surcharges and absolutely no buy back charges.
For a collector there is nothing more satisfying than obtaining a piece of music history direct from a musician, producer, manager or industry professional. But to buy a piece directly from their personal collection...now that rocks!
Because we work directly with music industry professionals and offer authentic pieces, we have earned the reputation as a trusted source of music memorabilia. Our customers "buy with confidence" and are not shy to spend the money on a piece that is 100% guaranteed authentic.
We hope that this introduction has you at least thinking about an auction. Backstage Auctions would very much like to be YOUR auction house of choice. Want to know more? Give us a call or drop us an email, we would jump at the chance to discuss in detail how we can host an absolutely awesome auction event for you.
Kelli and Jacques van Gool